All of us spend about one third of our life sleeping. Hence the placement of the bed must be in a position where it is compatible with your Birth Profile lucky elements, home destiny, gua ming, Xuan Kong Feng Shui flying star combo positive sectors and San He Lucky sector.
Bedroom feng shui – 24 Tips
The correct position of the bed feng shui is to promote harmonious exchange of nourishing health and luck energy to the individual sleeping on the bed. Some feng shui masters propose a bed position that is diagonal to the wall see picture which looks odd and bad feng shui. I have some clients after sleeping for a few days wake up feeling giddy, disoriented, headache and migraine so he called me to undo/redo the entire home feng shui by his ex feng shui masters.
Bedroom feng shui taboos – the truth from practical experience
1. Do not put your iphone, ipad, android, xbox, playstation, LED tv, notebook, charger or any electronic toys besides your head. Although the electronics maybe off but there is still some electromagnetic radiation.
If you need to place your TV, you can put it in the opposite direction of your headboard, unless you are a TV addict and need to watch 3 hours before going to bed. Then this is not the bad effects of bedroom feng shui but your own personal unhealthy lifestyle, it is similar to have a heavy meal before getting to bed.
2. Air condition – Fan coil unit. It is pretty obvious from practical health point of view (not exactly feng shui principles, 3000 years ago they do not have air-condition) that the air conditioner should be placed at the position where the air-flow blows the side of your body because if the wind blows directly on top of your head or feet, this tend to cause illness; this is just common sense if you check with any air condition contractor. Another reason for not placing the air condition unit above the bed is because of cleaning and maintenance, it makes the bed dirty. Therefore, the air conditioner should be installed in the area that is easy to clean and fix. Do not set the temperature too cold because when asleep, you cannot change the temperature and will result in sickness too. Ideally your air-condition ventilation duct position should be at your lucky sector of your house feng shui water “flying star” preferably the “8” or “9” follow by “1” because this is where the positive energies are coming from.
3. Do allow plenty of sunshine and have your bedroom properly ventilated.
4. Do use the right wall feng shui elements colour that is favourable to the occupant ba zi if you are unsure try our bazi analytics if not use light pastel colours; avoid red and black.
5. Do have adjustable dimmer to adjust the level of brightness in your bedroom. A room that is too bright cannot accumulate wealth which is bad fengshui. A room that is too dark will invite evil spirits and affects your health. A well balance lighted room with sufficient sunshine will be ideal fengshui bedroom.
6. Do have high headboard, it provides good fengshui mentorship luck and support. It doesn’t matter if your headboard is against the windows ( unlike common hearsay ) it some special situations this is better than against the wall.
7. Don’t place mirrors facing your bed; unless you wanted a late night episode of the “living dead”. If you want to dress for success in the morning, hide your mirrors inside the wardrobe.
8. Don’t place your bed along the pathway of your door. This will disturb your sleep.
9. Don’t place your head orientation towards the toilet. Toilet is “water” If you really need water have a bathtub installed inside the toilet. In other words your headboard position should not be sharing the same wall with your toilet.
10. Do not have your head orientated towards (even though there may be a wall in between) your stove or toilet. The situation will not be as bad if the wall is reinforced concrete walls, however i will strongly advise against unless the bedroom is really small.
11. Don’t sleep under an overhead beam. You will wake up having problem with the position of the body that is under the beam.
12. Do not have see-through open glass walled shower room, it will disturb your sleep at night.
13. Don’t place rubbish under your bed. You are not a rubbish collector.
14. Don’t place your bed in the island of your room, you are not robinson crusoe.
15. Don’t have 2 single mattress side by side it impacts the relationship of the couple.
16. If it does not conflict with the house destiny or your bazi favourable elements ideally your bed should be in a North-South orientation because it matches with the Earth’s gravitational physics and rotation.
17. Do not sleep underneath a staircase, this is a common problem found in maisonettes and loft designs.
18. Do not have your bed place inside the kitchen.
19. Never place your bed besides the doorway. You will have headache, bad quality of sleep, bad dreams and fall sick easily.
20. Do not leave a gap of space between the wall and your headboard.
21. Nothing wrong with having lights or fan on the ceiling above your bed.
23. Colour wise there are no exceptions except using black or red colour for walls. Extreme yin or yang 阴阳 colours. One of the client asked me that she was advised against using pink colour from her ex-master mentioning that it will lead to “affairs”omg. Pink colour is useful for internal and external human relationships unless your bazi unfavourable element is pink then you should avoid it.
24. Look after the toilet door that is not in the direction of your bed. The direction of the conflict is your body problem area. E.g. if the toilet door is in direct conflict with your stomach then high chances of intestine/digestion issues. This can be easily solve by closing of toilet door and hanging 2 pots of plants on either side of toilet door.
Bed place in front of the window not as bad as one might think
This is one of the usual concern from my clients. It is a misconception to assume that having the bed against the window is definitely bad bedroom feng shui. Some masters call this lack of “mountain / benefactors 贵人” or superior support. This is a sweeping statement which can be untrue. What happen if overlooking the window may be another block which is similar to your home (which is very common), then you still enjoy your Mountain right?
The critical factor to bed placement is not so much the window behind your back is bad but have to conform to other more decisive principles of feng shui or birth profile. Given the physical constraints of the bedroom one have to weigh which sector best fit your needs. Just to touch on a few basic principles one should not place the bed at the xuan kong flying star combo 2 & 5 OR 五鬼廉貞火星 OR detrimental to your Birth Profile elements etc. We to weigh the lesser of the “2 evils” and the likely consequences sleeping in that particular sector. Through years of practical experience having the bed towards your Birth profile favourable element supersede any other feng shui principles.
Take for instance your headboard maybe against the wall but under an overhead beam or clashes with the toilet door. In summary if the sector based on the Home destiny feng shui star is lucky and the bed position is in favour with your bazi favourable elements then having the bed in front of the window is definitely acceptable by feng shui standards. Moreover at night the window curtain or window bind are rolled down to ensure privacy so there is no such thing as lack of “mountain” support. LOL.
The feng shui position of the bed relative to the door
The position of the bed relative to the bedroom door is equal in importance relative to the luopan reading of good orientations where the bed faces. Given the size of a bedroom there are certain structural constraints that one cannot solely rely on your gua ming lucky sectors then other methods such as bazi favourable elements comes into play. There are certain degrees of the bed that is excellent for career or health or wealth depending on individual’s requirements. That is, you have to seek a compromise location that is good base on the relation to the bedroom door and reading.
The distance from the bed position to the door
Secondly the bed should not be beside the door. It should sit as far from the bedroom door as possible. If the door is on the left, the best position is the diagonally far right corner of the room; if the door is on the right, the best bed location is the far left of the room; The farther your bed located away from the door, the more control you can feel over your space and your life. You aren’t startled easily, and you have plenty of time to prepare for events as they unfold.
The sleeper’s scope of vision feng shui perspective
The third dominating position principle asserts that the bed position should allow the sleeper the widest possible perspective of the room. An anemic range of sight within the room can restrict the sleeper’s qi and his or her life vision. The larger the space in front of your bed, the more your life expands, breathes, and improves. For this reason, Geomancy cautions against placing the foot of the bed against a wall, which can block your career and cause foot and ankle problems. In addition, placing your bed directly against a side wall (with no space between the side of your bed and the wall) can make you feel cramped, stifled, and less flexible in life.
The visibility of the feng shui bedroom door
The fourth assertive principle states that you should clearly see the bedroom door from the bed. This concept means that when lying on your back in bed you are able to have an obstructed view of the door way. If you have to perform gymnastics or create new yoga positions to see who or what’s coming in the door, your bed position does not meet this principle.
Not seeing who’s approaching can keep you uncertain and on edge. Even if you think that you’re accustomed to not seeing the door, you still likely experience ongoing subconscious stress, which can create imbalance and frustration. The possibility of always being startled can keep you on edge, and over time, the continual tension and unrest can cause an imbalance in the nervous system. Results can include nervous problems, arrhythmia, and heart palpitations. In addition, repeatedly twisting the body to see whether someone’s coming can cause neck and spinal problems in the long run. Do not place a mirror in front of your bed for the sake of seeing the door; you have a different set of problems. Nightmares.
The direct line of path from the door to your bed feng shui
The fifth principle holds that the bed should not sit in the direct line of the path of the doorway. If your bed does sit in the direct line of the door, the chi of the door runs directly and too powerfully up the middle of the bed. This factor can create diseases along the midline of the body.
The further you sleep from the door and the more of the room you see while in bed, the more you can feel in control of your environment and, therefore, your life. Seeing the door to your bedroom symbolizes that you know what life is bringing and feel prepared to deal with whatever comes. You’re in command, and the results manifest positively in many areas of your life.