- Business Feng Shui
- Home Feng Shui
- Feng Shui
"classical wisdom, modern inspirations"
A good feng shui study area help your child to focus. Listed are 4 simple methods and tips to help your child’s learning abilities.
The usual feng shui cliché for study area is to have lights, unclutter and tidy up. That is what most websites do all feng shui cures boils down to “clear clutter”, unimaginable. Then there are those who asked you to place commercial feng shui items like pagoda, brushes or chinese calligraphy. Some of these work but more importantly is to find the correct sector for feng shui study area that will enhance your child’s ability to concentrate.
The chinese term for feng shui study location is 文昌位 (wen chang position). Wen Chang is the academic star to accentuate literature dominance, scholarly pursue or intellect or mental agility. It helps concentration and clears the mind.
Below are 4 simple methods to locate wen chang position in your house. If the space is available you only need to place the study desk and automatically it will improve your child’s concentration, no items are necessary. If unfortunately the wen chang sector is missing or in the toilet then one have to improvise using other formulas such as qi men dun jia or flying star home destiny feng shui.
1. Using 八宅-九宫飞泊 Eight House and Nine palace
Every home there is a predestined position for the education star-wen chang 文昌. Sitting position is 180 degree opposite direction to the main door. Take for example if you main door faces North 10 degree, then South 190 degree is the sitting position.
See illustration, Northwest house 乾宅 and the study sector in the East 震卦
2. Annual flying star “1” or “4” positions
Using Annual flying star principle is one of the easiest and most effective method to activate study. Take this year 2014, annual flying star 4 is in the centre sector and 1 in South-West sector.
If one can place the study table at the sector that will be good if not for annual flying star “4”, we can use 1 stalk of life water-growing bamboo shoot to enhance it. South-west sector annual flying star “1” use “4” life water-growing bamboo shoots to encourage it.
The impact of annual flying star is fast and yield positive results for quick fix like critical years PSLE, GCE O Level, GCE A Level. The impact is for one year therefore the influence is rapid. Just a word of caution, it is best for your interest to check your Home destiny feng shui before activating this.
3. Child day of birth 日主天干
This is the most reliable method to locate feng shui study area, because it is derived from your child’s birth profile which is forever. You don’t have to place any additional enhancement if you are able to place the study. However if you wanted to enhance further you can match the sector-5 element representation. Below is the Chinese script to identify the location of feng shui study segment. Feng shui master (FSM) clients should not have problem using this chart because our audit includes bazi bonus.
It means Day master Jia wood 甲日 person his/her study segment is at 巳 in the south-east sector.
4. Home destiny education flying star energy combination
This method you have to engage a feng shui master to calculate your home destiny feng shui to find out which sector out of the 9 is the best education sector. The following flying star combos that meet this criteria are:
一四 同宫，此宫为发科之地，文昌旺，所谓四一同宫科发之名, sorry to use this word sounded rude but easy to understand, this is more beneficial for white collar
6 & 1 combo 虛聯奎壁，啟八代之文章, 文武雙全 this is more suited to blue collar like military and engineers
9 & 4 combo 木见火而生聪明之士 suitable for anybody but more for the arts inclined
On the other hand these are the sectors that you should avoid using as study because it dulls the mind and make us more retarded.
9 & 2 combo or 9 & 5 combo 生愚钝顽夫 meets getting stupid ，无家室之相依
More tips to help your child in study
Most of your child’s learning and studying takes place outside of the classroom, so creating the right environment is a MUST. If you have any bad study habits, the wrong work space will magnify them.
Some tips to make sure you set up the right home study ambience.
1. Identify your child wen chang position based on any of the above 4 methods and install the study table. This is the most conducive atmosphere for him to study, even better if you can match up with your child’s bazi favourable element direction.
2. Find out your child’s distractions and keep it away. This could be anything from a iPhone to his game console.
3. Organize the study area but not necessary super tidy. Make sure everything he needs are within reach, so he don’t have to get up in the midst of studying for a pencil or highlighter.
4. Work Out, stay healthy. Your child also needs rest. A tired body does not work well in studies.
5. Work on a schedule that allows work and play.
6. Unplug online distractions from social networking like facebook.
7. Ensure that your child adopt the right posture to sit and study at a young age. Posture is important, especially when spending long hours studying.
8. Schedule regular breaks in his time-table. Our brain needs regular breaks to work at full capacity. A simple time management method is have him study for 30 minutes, take a 2 minute break, and resume. Use a timer, if that helps.
9. Let your child personalise his or her own study room. It makes him or her feel responsible too. Place his or her bazi lucky element to improve her concentration if need be. It can be plants, water etc. Choose your child’s lucky colour to bring up the positive energies.
10. Open bookshelves are alright in a kid’s study room. No such thing as poison arrows.
11. Use pastel colors for the kid’s study room that is conducive to his bazi birth profile favourable elements.
12. Ensure that the kid’s room door is not facing the toilet door or his study desk.
13. Ensure there are windows in the study room and the brightness of the room is balance, not too dark nor too bright.
14. Please do not place creepy stuff inside the kid’s room like headless monsters, vampires, etc or even warriors that may influence his aggressive attitude. This is purely psychology than feng shui.
15. The kid’s study desk ideally should not be beside the room door or in line with the door.
16. The study table should not be too near to toilet. It pollutes the study area and discourages the wen chang 文昌 star vibes.
17. In the absence of birth reading, pastel green or pastel blue color is the most suitable for studies because 四绿为文昌之神，职司禄位 wood star ; 一白为官星之应，主宰文章 water star; however please ensure that “wood” or “water” are not his unfavourable elements.
18. Do not punish your child by letting him sit under an overhead beam, a right angle beam at the side of the wall is not an overhead beam.